Consign Furniture & Decor
Couches to Curios features well-made furniture and decor in good to excellent condition. We value the partnership with our consignors, we couldn’t do what we do without you!
It’s easy to consign furniture and decor, here’s how we work together:
- Furniture & Rugs: Please email pictures of furniture and rugs for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your items are approved we will schedule an appointment for delivery to our store.
- Art & Mirrors: Please email photos of art/mirrors for approval to email@example.com. Consignors can submit up to 4 pieces of art at a time. Once specific pieces are approved the consignor will be given a date to bring their approved pieces to the store.
- Lamps & Light Fixtures: We accept lamps/light fixtures by appointment. Consignors can bring in 4 per appointment. Please email photos of chandeliers for approval, once approved an appointment will be made. All lamps need to have shades that are clean and in good to excellent condition and light fixtures need to be cleaned prior to arrival.
- Decor: We accept decor by appointment. Appointments are available Monday-Saturday at 10:00 am, and 12:00, 2:00, and 4:00 pm. Please call to schedule an appointment. Each consignor is limited to 2 boxes/bins of home decor per visit. If a piece needs a battery, please bring one. A note about what decor to consign–on-trend and high end decor items and brands like Pottery Barn, West Elm, and others sell very well. Think about consigning items with a resale value of $18 and up.
- Seasonal Items: Please call the store to see when we accept seasonal items, i.e. patio furniture, holiday decor, etc. For example, patio furniture is accepted April – June. Christmas decor is accepted by appointment beginning October 1.
- We will not accept items that have been exposed to water damage, mold or mildew, excessive odors from smoke, pets or moth balls. We do our best to safeguard all items, but we are not responsible for fire, damage, or loss.
- A Consignment Agreement will be completed at the store when you bring in your initial items.
- The consignor is responsible for delivering their merchandise to the store. Please bring help to unload heavy pieces into the store. Our staff will place it on the showroom floor.
- When you arrive, we will inventory and price the items and email an inventory list, complete with a list of items, pricing, and a pick-up date for unsold items.
- We will then place your items in our showroom for 90 days. Consignors are not allowed to pick up items prior to 90 days once it has been placed in the showroom.
- When an item sells, we pay the consignor a 50/50 split of the sales price.
- We will hold firm on the price for 30 days. At 30 days we offer a 15% discount and at 60 days; 25%. If an item has not sold within 90 days, the consignor is responsible for picking up the item within 7 days. If you choose to leave the item(s) and we continue to keep it on our sales floor, we can be negotiable with the price. The consignor will always get paid if the item sells in the store.
- If you choose to leave item(s) after the 97th day (90 days + 1-week pick-up), then your item may be donated at our discretion.
- When an item is sold, the check will be ready to be picked up at the store on the 10th of the following month. All consignors are responsible to call, email, or come in, to see if they have a check. Checks are voided after 90 days but can be reprinted for a $5 fee up to 1 year from the date of the original check.
Help your items sell fast by connecting with us on Facebook, Instagram,and Pinterest.